30 simple gratitude journal prompts for beginners
Want to start a gratitude journal this year but don’t know where to start? Check out these simple gratitude journal prompts to help get you started.
Many years ago, when I first started gratitude journaling, I was going through one of the most challenging seasons of my life. I was discouraged, stressed out, and just overwhelmed. Something had to change.
In the beginning, it was hard to come up with something new each day to write about. After a while, I started noticing I was simply repeating myself.
Can you relate?
If so, these gratitude journal prompts will help you get a jump start on your gratitude practice. Before you know it, you will be able to make gratitude a regular part of your life.
- Where did you see God in your life today?
- What are you learning about yourself this season?
- What is one thing you love about yourself?
- What talents or gifts you are grateful you have?
- Write about a lesson you are grateful you learned.
- Name one prayer you have seen God answer lately.
- List three people who have had a positive impact on your life.
- What is one thing in your home that brings you joy?
- Recall a time someone encouraged you when you needed it.
- What about your body are you grateful for?
- Write about a family member you are grateful for.
- List three ways you notice the beauty of God around you today.
- What made you laugh today?
- List three people you are grateful to have in your life and why.
- What are you grateful for in this season?
- Write about a happy memory.
- Name something you like about yourself. Why?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What praise and worship song are you grateful for?
- What are you most grateful for from your childhood?
- Something that bought you joy today.
- Choose a picture from your phone. Why are you grateful for this moment?
- Write about a life experience that has had a positive impact on your life.
- What made you smile today?
- Share a quote that inspires you.
- Write about a tradition you love.
- What was the best part of your day?
- Where in life could you be more grateful?
- Write three ways you can show kindness to others this week.
- What experience were you most grateful for this month?
Want to take this list on the go? No worries. You can download a copy here for FREE! You read that right, friend.
Once you download the gratitude journal prompts put it in your planner or tape it on the inside of our Do Less, Live More: A Gratitude Journal. Either way, put our list somewhere you can reflect on the list daily.
Plus, this list makes for excellent dinnertime conversation with your family. You can make focusing on gratitude a new family tradition.
How are you focusing on gratitude?
Shop our gratitude products